Monday, August 11, 2014

Weekends

I love harvest times of the year!

Since starting Keepsake Designs, I have been so consumed with trying to build it into a business where everything will be just as I dream it will be. I've made notes on little bits of paper, napkins, and other things whenever ideas come to mind. Just one of those important things is to not lose sight of God, Family & Life. Those are very important to me and will keep me on track AND from getting burnt out.

I sometimes struggle with time management issues, because I am a multi-tasker and can get side-tracked with all those many day-to-day tasks (down-side of working from home) that seem to constantly jump out screaming at me "pick me, pick me"! On my way to fetch something, I see something out of place and then while straightening that I pick something else up or wipe that spill and then, oh while I'm here, I may as well do this and get it over with... A little OCD...probably! I'm getting better at ignoring until the "work-day" is done.

I didn't allow myself to go into my studio over the weekend. Apples were ready and Tim & I picked about four bushels. We also went to Farmers Market, ran errands and of course household chores. We also took a nice nap on Saturday; "ahh". Sunday, we traveled to Siloam Springs state park in search of blackberries. The weather was perfect and we took the dog and enjoyed the beautiful outdoors, hiking and viewing. Our own blackberries barely survived a very harsh winter and what little plants we have left are just getting ripened, so I was hoping I didn't miss the season altogether. The park's patches were not to be found.

So harvest time at present consists of green beans, tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers apples, and two supers of honey that all need to be worked up this week. I am very thankful. I also need to finish a Quilt of Valor and get started on some gift designs for show and for the up coming Holidays.

Today is my catch-up on social media Monday, so a nice quiet morning that I am having before the busywork starts. I am excited about this up coming Autumn season and the ideas are in over-drive! Let us get this party started!

Have a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...