Thursday, June 26, 2014

Fabric Collage Book for Momma

I just realized that the last post I touched upon my aging parents. I want to share this Fabric Collage book that I made for my Mother.

The Cover

Her as a baby on the left & 4 generations of my fore-mothers on the right.
Mom in her school years.

The old Singer 
This project was so much fun to make. I used mostly antique laces, buttons, ephemera and just memory provoking ideas to bring nostalgia to the cloth pages. Some pages were from an old handmade quilt that someone in the family had.
There are more pages, but these were all the pictures that I had on the computer.
The photos are copies that I ran through my inkjet printer onto fabric except for the last one which was an iron on and I found that I like the inkjet transfer much better.
Maybe there will be a tutorial in the future, but for now I have more projects than I can keep up with!
Thanks for viewing! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...